Alcor Mission Statement
To save lives through the following prioritized principles:
- Maintain the current patients in biostasis.
- Place current and future members into biostasis (when and if needed).
- Eventually restore to health and reintegrate into society all patients in Alcor’s care.
- Fund research into developing more cost effective and reliable means for 1-3 above.
- Provide public education as a means of fostering growth to support the goals of 1, 2, 3, 4 above.
Alcor Core Values
Alcor has adopted “I’M ALCOR” as our core values. I’M ALCOR is an acronym spelling out the following core values:
- Integrity: Act with Integrity and do the right thing, even when no one is looking.
- Maturity: Maintain professional Maturity and posture, even when faced with adversity.
- Accountability: Be Accountable for your actions and follow through with your obligations.
- Leverage: Leverage resources available to optimize the contributions from you and others.
- Care: Everyone will provide the highest quality Care to our Members and Patients.
- Open-Minded: Be Open-Minded to new ways of completing work to reach your potential.
- Respect: Treat everyone you meet with Respect and appreciate their point of view.
Alcor Privacy Statement
The Alcor Life Extension Foundation strongly upholds its policy to respect the privacy of Alcor’s members when requested to do so. We pride ourselves in celebrating 40 years of providing unparalleled service to Alcor members, part of which includes our promise to protect the privacy and security of each individual’s identity, if it is that member’s wish to remain anonymous. Consequently Alcor cannot legally or ethically comment on arrangements for cryopreservation made by members and/or their next of kin.
Additional Policy Issues
Alcor is committed to the research, development, and application of medical procedures that may enable the preservation of brain structure and chemistry with optimal fidelity after legal death. Our primary objective is to achieve cryopreservation with minimal injury.
Alcor does not in any way endorse, promote or participate in any aspect of human cloning or similar use of genetic material. Alcor does not under any circumstances sell or trade any genetic material, organs, or body parts. Such commercial activities could be a violation of federal law, would be inappropriate for a nonprofit organization, and would be contrary to the wishes of our members.
All cryopatients under Alcor’s care are accepted under the Uniform Anatomical Gift Act. Alcor conforms with all provisions of the Act, and complies with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations.